Monday, March 17, 2014

Gravity? I Hardly Knew Her!

Hi blog!

Sorry for not posting on Saturday like I promised, I was busy writing up a long post for my other blog. I hope you can forgive me. If not, too bad, deal with it.

Groundbreaking news time! Scientists announced today that they have discovered direct evidence of gravity waves, which help to prove that inflation occurred after the Big Bang! Inflation is the event that took place very, very shortly after the Big Bang and started off the rapid expansion of the universe, which continues to this day. Gravity waves were predicted by Einstein in his general theory of relativity, but it has taken almost 100 years to find proof of their existence. Now, a group of scientists searching for these gravity waves have found direct evidence of them from their post in the South Pole. Now, until other groups can verify these finds, it is difficult to accept the findings without some trepidation, but if they are accurate, as I suspect they might be, we could be looking at a very big step toward understanding our universe's birth!



From gravity waves to...um, other things. I hate transitions, I don't know what it is about them, but I thoroughly dislike them. Anyways, back on track! Over the last few days I've been feeling rather dizzy out of nowhere. I'm not sure if it's the heat (it really hasn't been THAT bad) or if the house has been stuffier than usual or maybe it's just stress. I'm leaning toward a combination of stress and stale air, since I've felt like it's been harder to breathe at times. It didn't happen much today, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Also today: I almost ran over a coyote. Yea, I know, right blog? Crazy! I was driving to physical therapy when I happened to notice a brown bag laying in the middle of the street. I stared at it for a second and then realized something was trotting away from it at a lackadaisical pace. It looked like a dog. My first thought was that it was a stray, but when it turned its head I saw the very familiar color pattern and face of a coyote. I immediately lifted my foot off the accelerator and covered the brakes, uncertain of what the animal would do. It just looked at me though, not with huge, scared eyes, but in a very calculated way. As I drove closer, I started to apply a bit of pressure to my brakes when suddenly the coyote made a break for the side of the road. It sprinted out in front of my car when I was only a couple hundred feet away. Instantly I drove my foot down to the floor and winced as my tires locked up and shoved me forward, a squeal piercing the morning air as I came to a halt not but six feet away from the creature. It hadn't even made it halfway past my car, but it soon disappeared off the side of the road and vanished from view. I sat there for a couple seconds, shook my head, rolled my eyes, and drove on as though nothing had happened. I dunno why it was out in the middle of the road like that, maybe there was food in the bag or it was actually a dead animal, who can say? All I know is that it WASN'T a very wily coyote...


Your punny overlord, Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment