Monday, March 3, 2014

Progress Meets Digress

Dear blog,

Well Tucker, the dog, is fine. After a night in the pet ER and some charcoal paste later, he came home the next day and was back to his normal self. This included bounding around with his best friend, barking at every damn thing that moves outside, and finding the singular most awkward looking sleeping spaces he can find. I know you don't know much about sleeping, being you're just a digital entity, but trust me, he's a funky sleeping dog. I think you can see my point? This wasn't a set-up picture...that's just his normal sleeping arrangement. If anything, that's actually pretty mild for him. But I digress, as I often do. It's fun, digression, like a tangent, but with more acidic sounding syllables.



This weekend was extremely productive for me. After several days of not writing, I finally got my ass in gear and plowed headlong in the fray! (Frey if you're British) It's been insane. No. Insane's a bad word for it, because that's too polite. What it's actually been is brutal. Yesterday I managed to give myself a stomach ache from stress alone, only to replicate the same feat tonight. I haven't eaten dinner two nights in a row. Although I did have a couple frozen thin mints, because even if your stomach is dangling out of your abdomen after an encounter with a bus-sized eagle (there's a story related to that, I'll post it Wednesday), you have to eat frozen thin mints. It's impossible not to. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's the fourth law of thermodynamics. Look it up. Anyways, more digress! So while the writing has been very difficult for me, I'm finding it easier to write it down. Not in the sense that it's less painful, but in the sense that I'm able to get more words down before I have to give in and stop. I did two days of 1500 words, and today got close to 3000 words. Progress! Be proud of me blog, there's a long ways left to go for the really tough stuff, and it only gets worse from here. Well, until it gets better anyways, but until then...it gets worse.
Yes...yes I would

I read a very interesting article today about how we could use zepplin-like airships to go explore Venus. Since the surface of Venus is the most hostile of any planet (850 degrees Fahrenheit, 100 times the pressure at sea level, and sulfuric acid? Yea, that's hostile), it is one of the most difficult to explore. However, by cruising through the clouds in giant airships, you can actually find a very modest room temperature world atop the hellish domain below! Such a ship could actually fly around the planet in about six days (coasting on the winds) and would last for up to a year before it lost buoyancy and slowly dropped to the ground to be incinerated like several probes before it. With that kind of idea, really you could actually float an entire city in Venus if you had people crazy enough to do it! Now where would you find people like that...welcome to Columbia 2.0!


I know that last post I didn't give you a space thing, shame on me! Here you go! It's a spiral galaxy with several more distance galaxies in the background!


Humbly apologizing for the lack of a space picture but still really in control so you aren't allowed to complain, Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment